Hop on and go. Stay awhile; the ease of pedaling the forward and reversing MirageDrive 180 + Kick-Up Fins and the cushy Vantage CT will float away your cares. The Sport is a compact kayak, but doesn’t skimp on comfort or storage. Back friendly; you shouldn’t break a sweat getting to or from the water. Focus on fun; the durable polyethylene is carefree and tough. The Sport has a big heart that equally loves pleasure cruising and kayak fishing. The Sport is sized just right for quick escapes, nine easy feet of kick-back sit-on-top kayak with Hobie MirageDrive motivation.
- Powered by MirageDrive 180 Kick-up Fins - Revolutionary hands-free propulsion system. When pedaled, the flexible fins assume the shape of a propeller blade, providing forward motion with each pedal stroke.
- Vantage CT Seating - New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustablity for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach, Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Stability and Preformance - The Sport's tri-hull design improves stability by increasing floatation at the edges of the beam. Structural ribs run the length of the boat, stiffening the hull, while the hull's rounded profile reduces resistance for a quieter, faster ride.
- Twist and Stow Rudder - Hobie’s Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don’t. A standard accessory on most Mirage models, the retractable-rudder system is engaged and disengaged with a pull of the T-shaped control handles.
- Large Front Hatch - Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- 8" Twist and Seal Hatch - An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Two-Piece Fiberglass Paddle - Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with additional confidence, or go old school and paddle for an upper body workout. Conveniently clips onto the hull when not needed.
- Accessory Mount - The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy. Also accommodates the new Hobie Bimini!
- Rear Cargo Area - Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
Click HERE to see the MirageDrive 180 with Kick-Up fins in action.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 9' 7"
- Width: 29.5"
- Capacity: 225 lbs.
- Fitted Hull Weight: 61 lbs.
- Fully Rigged Weight: 78 lbs.
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene