The MPG132 FoldAway-J™ is exclusively designed to safely carry a single recreational or touring kayak on its side. These carriers feature quick-release fold-down frames for low clearance & improved gas mileage when not in use. Built with corrosion resistant coated steel, over-sized padding, heavy duty molded parts and a unique mounting design.
This universal mounting system fits a large cross section of aftermarket load bars (round, square and oval) as well as most factory systems. The dual mount locations ensure the carriers are firmly in place and eliminate side to side movement. Also includes two lengths of mounting bolts to achieve the best rack installation. Comes with cam style load straps and safety tie-downs. Product workmanship and material performance is guaranteed with our Lifetime Limited Warranty.Features:
- Quick release fold-down frames for low clearance
- Universal mounting adapters fit most load bar designs
- Two lengths of mounting bolts for improved bar fit
- Includes load straps and tie-downs for a single kayak
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Weight: 10 lb
- Dimensions (folded): 19.5" x 8.5" x 3.5"
- Dimensions (deployed): 19.5" x 8.5" x 14"
- Load Capacity: 75 lb, Single Kayak
- All Malone carriers come with two lengths of mounting bolts. Cross bars can vary in thickness and having multiple lengths to choose from allows for the best fit.
- We recommend the unused set of bolts be retained for future use with a different vehicle or cross bars.
- Longer length bolts are sold separately.
- The carrier base has a rectangular "cutout" for square cross bar fit. The "cutout" will not effect the fit or function when installed to round or oval shaped cross bars.
What’s In The Box:
- (2) Fold-Down Carriers
- (8) M6 x 1mm zinc coated 60mm Mounting Bolts
- (8) M6 x 1mm zinc coated 75mm Mounting Bolts
- (8) M6 T-Knobs
- (4) Universal Mounting Brackets
- (2) Cam Buckle Load Straps
- (2) Bow and Stern Safety Lines w/ S-Hooks
- (1) Instruction Manual