An alternative to waist-belted PFDs, the low-profile NRS Matik Inflatable PFD resembles a traditional lifevest with the compact convenience of an inflatable.
- This lightweight self-inflating PFD provides 22.5 lbs. of flotation and only meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements as a Type III life jacket when worn. (See Note below.)
- The Matik folds compactly into a low-profile horse-collar style jacket to give you on-demand flotation that doesn't get in your way stand-up paddling, fishing or wading.
- When deflated, the vest secures with a waist buckle and offers one adjustment point for a snug fit.
- The Matik does not inflate automatically; in the event of a swim, pull the red tab to engage the pressurized CO2, inflating the integrated bladder.
- Features a zippered pocket with internal tether for keys or a whistle plus a manual backup cord, mouth inflation valve, reflective accents and two attachment points.
- Includes a 24 gram CO2 cartridge. Replacement CO2 Re-Arming Kits (Item #40100.01) are sold separately.
- CO2 cartridges are one-time-use only. It's good practice to keep an extra CO2 cartridge on hand to re-arm the PFD after each inflation.
Note: An inflatable PFD is certified by the US Coast Guard as a Type V PFD. However, it meets Coast Guard requirements for Type III PFDs when it is worn. In other words, you must be wearing the deflated collar for it to qualify as a required flotation device.
||Belt fits waist 30"-58" (76-147 cm) in circumference
|US Coast Guard Type:
||Type V, meets Coast Guard requirement for a Type III PFD when it is worn.
||420-denier ripstop nylon
||Over the head with waist buckle
- 24g CO2 cartridge
- Re-packing instructions
- Zippered pocket with internal tether
Manual back-up valve
- Reflective Accents
- D-ring attachments